ATCA-8330 ADVANCED TCA DSP BLADE
The Artesyn ATCA-8330 is a combination of an Intel Xeon server CPU and a media processing array based on the Octasic OCT2224M multi-core DSP with comprehensive media processing software suite.
Voice and video streaming is becoming more pervasive as customer demand for media consumption continues to rise, and the diversity of media sources, network conditions and individual consumption devices proliferate. Using traditional Intel® Xeon® architectures, power and efficiency soon become a limitation when scaling to high channel density media stream transcoding. By employing highly efficient Digital Signal Processors to provide direct offload of the host CPU, the new ATCA-8330 acceleration engine allows network equipment providers to either add or substantially increase the voice channel or video processing density within existing systems, so reducing overall power and space demands for their equipment as it scales to higher throughput.
ATCA-8330 brings high density DSPs with embedded voice and video firmware from Octasic together with Artesyn’s strong ATCA system heritage and thermal design skill, resulting in an industry-leading media processing density for the next generation of voice and video processing systems.
- Combining a server and accelerated media processing on a single blade minimizes the amount of hardware required to implement applications such as VoLTE media resource function, session border controller or video conferencing
- Modular design allows the blade to be scaled 4 DSPs at a time, up to 40 DSPs, to match application requirements
- On-board Ethernet network connecting all the key elements which simplifies programing model
- Comprehensive media processing software suite shortens application development and time to market (See “Important Notice – Standards Essential Patents and the use of CODECs” on pages 5-6 of the data sheet)
- High performance Intel® Xeon® server combined with up to 40 power-efficient DSPs for accelerated media processing
- Single slot AdvancedTCA form factor media processing engine
- Similar architecture to server-based element eases porting and maintenance
- Comprehensive voice and video processing firmware and programmers interface included
- Hardware and software platform to support VoLTE and Media Resource Function
- Designed for NEBS Level 3 and ETSI telecom standards compliance